Saturday, 5 November 2016

BOOK LAUNCH for Everton Miles is Stranger than Me


"Do we all think we're being chased by deadly entities, I wonder? Probably, but how many of us actually are?"
--Everton Miles is Stranger than Me

It's BOOK LAUNCH time! I hope you'll join me on October 22 at Yonge/Eglinton Indigo to launch my newest book, Everton Miles is Stranger than Me, sequel to my Red Maple title, The Strange Gift of Gwendolyn Golden (2014).

Date: Saturday, Oct. 22/2016
Time: 12-3 pm (author reads at 1 pm)
Place: Yonge/Eglinton Indigo
Enjoy the coffee, cookies and magic realism.

In a year with two published books (Carter and the Curious Maze, book 3 in the Weird Stories Gone Wrong series, came out August 2016), this is the only event I'm calling a launch.

That's because this is my last book for a while, nothing is planned for publication in 2017. But it's also because I love this book. Yes, I love all my books, but this one is particularly special. It was so fun to write, for one thing. There's a fallen angel/dark Rogue character, and an 800-page medieval Night Flying handbook with illustrations, which is why we named the series The Night Flyer's Handbook. Revisiting the horrors of grade nine was also pretty interesting. But mostly, it was also so easy to fall back into Gwendolyn's life, once again. I missed her.

On the last page of The Strange Gift of Gwendolyn Golden, I left Gwen sitting on a swing, thinking about her future. Plenty of people have asked me what happens next, and to please write the next book. So ... I hope you'll enjoy the sequel! Please join me on October 22 to snag your copy. Also, watch for a blog tour, coming in the next few weeks.

Reviews
Kirkus Reviews "Dowding offers a charming sequel, funny, magical and entertaining"
Goodreads
Quill & Quire (Starred Review, The Strange Gift of Gwendolyn Golden)


No comments: