Friday, 28 July 2017

The Best Part of The Forest of Reading and more ...



"We had the absolute pleasure of sitting down with Philippa Dowding to talk about her experience at the Festival of Trees and participation in the Forest of Reading."--OLA Live (Ontario Library Association), Forest of Reading, July 27, 2017
Winner, OLA Silver Birch Express
Award Honour Book, 2017

The pleasure was all mine! Thank you to the Ontario Library Association and the Forest of Reading for posting this interview with me, filmed at Harbourfront Festival of Trees in May, 2017. I laugh at the beginning of every question, not because I'm unusually happy or laugh effusively all the time, but because the interviewer (Michael, you know who you are), is so affable. I blame him.

So, watch it if you'd like to find out how a Forest of Reading nomination changed my life, or what I love most about being a nominee, or the most memorable moment if I had to pick one (and there are many)!

Here's the Youtube link: Philippa Dowding interview, Festival of Trees. There are more creator interviews from Festival of Trees 2017 at OLA Live, including authors Richard Scrimger, Vikki VanSickle, Arthur Slade, my series illustrator Shawna Daigle, and many more. Fun to hear what each creator has to say about the event, how it inspires them and impacts their career.

Here are more posts about the Forest of Reading, on this blog, enjoy!
Myles and the Monster Outside, Book Trailer with illustrations by Shawna Daigle.



No comments: