Tuesday, 15 October 2013

The Gargoyle at the Gates is a Silver Birch Express nominee!!

I could NOT be more honoured to announce that The Gargoyle at the Gates, the third book in my Lost Gargoyle series, is  a Silver Birch Express 2014 nominee!

Thank you so much to the Ontario Library Association for this fantastic honour and nomination. I am just overjoyed that I will be visiting schools and libraries across Ontario, to promote reading, books, and gargoyles to young readers once again.

I am also very pleased that kids across the province will be reading about my Toronto neighbourhood, and about landmarks across the city such as the Riverdale Farm, the Necropolis, Queen Street East and a certain magical, gothic little park.

Here is the complete list of Forest of Reading nominees this year, a very talented list of Canada's best children's authors:  OLA Forest of Reading 2014

Here is my first blog post, in October 2011, when I was a first-time Silver Birch Express nominee for my previous book, The Gargoyle Overhead. What fun! Gordon Lightfoot didn't show up, by the way, but his wonderful illustrator, Ian Wallace, did. This year there is another musician on the list, K'naan. I wonder if I'll meet HIM?? That would be very very cool. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No, GL did not show up when we were onstage back in 2011, Philippa. But his illustrator, Ian Wallace, did. Gargoyles Rule!

monica