Thursday, 15 December 2011

Magenta rocks the stage

Magenta, centre
It is opening night of The Rocky Horror Picture Show. My 17-year-old is Magenta, one of the main performers, and I couldn't be more excited for her.

It is opening night of her last performance in high school, and she has worked so hard to get here. 

Here is my first blog entry about Magenta: 

Who knows what the world will be like for her next year? She starts university in the fall. Will she have the time and opportunity to tread the boards again one day? Will her father and younger brother and I ever sit in the audience, watching our talented family member sing, dance and steal the show again (in our hearts, anyway)?

I don't know. I do know that for tonight at least, the world will be a perfect and beautiful place. And Magenta, that strange french-maid alien in fishnets, will own it all.



No comments: