I'm incredibly honoured that THE WAR LANTERN has received a Starred Review in School Library Journal! Thank you to my amazing publisher, DCB and to the SLJ.
More from the SLJ Review: "As the novel progresses, the three storylines gradually intersect and overlap in deeply satisfying ways that may prompt rereads ... a well-rounded and immersive portrait of life during World War II."
THE WAR LANTERN is inspired by a bombing in England in 1941 that my father survived at age 15, while at work at a local aircraft factory, and research took me to England and to museums across Canada. This middle-grade book told over 24-hours is one of the most challenging and rewarding writing projects I've ever tackled; historical fiction for children is extremely demanding (and kudos to all who do it)! Thank you to everyone who has helped me on this 7-year journey, and thank you to my father for sharing his survival story with me one night in 1996.
I'll add more on writing, researching, and creating THE WAR LANTERN in this space soon.
For now you'll find ALL CURRENT POSTS ON THE WAR LANTERN here.


No comments:
Post a Comment