Friday, 24 March 2017

Forest Fridays was so much fun, thanks everyone!

Thanks to Librarian Karen Upper for the image


Forest Fridays was really fun! Thank you to the Ontario Library Association, for inviting me to talk to kids across Ontario and Canada today.

We had dozens of schools, hundreds of kids, teachers and librarians joining in to listen and ask great questions.

I talked about being a writer, and about my Silver Birch Express nominated title, Myles and the Monster Outside.


The questions were all fantastic, but here are my three favourites:

1. From a student: I'm a writer too. What advice can you give me? A: Believe in yourself, write the stories you are most passionate about, don't let anyone tell you you can't be a writer, and keep writing!

2. From a teacher: What was it about Charlotte's Web that inspired you to be a writer at age nine?
A: It was the first time that a book made me feel something, the first time I realized that books are powerful.

3. From a school: do you like reading horror stories?
A: Yes, I like reading some horror writers. I like Stephen King, Anne Rice, Kelley Armstrong, but I don't like watching horror movies!

As always, a real honour to be a Forest of Reading nominee and have the privilege to talk to young readers. Keep reading, everyone!

Here's the Myles and the Monster Outside BookTrailer, enjoy!
Here's the schedule for the rest of the Forest Fridays author presentations. All you need to do is register, and enjoy.

No comments: