Friday, 20 November 2015

When authors and editors write music together

http://thegatelessgate.bandcamp.com/album/fifth-season

My wonderful editor, Allister Thompson, and I have made an album, Fifth Season. You'll find seven mellow, warm, inviting instrumental pieces, good listening for a cold winter night.

Allister did all the work, including the suggestion of putting this album together.  I provided the composition and acoustic guitar (okay, I did some of the work), and he added his signature vocals, gorgeous electric guitar and keyboards to create this beautiful collaboration which makes me incredibly joyful. I've been so lucky in my friendship with Allister, a brilliant editor and a wonderful musician (and all-round nice guy).

Please give a listen, download (free or pay what you wish), and enjoy: Fifth Season, by Philippa Dowding and Allister Thompson.

No comments: