Sunday, 25 May 2014

It's been a year-long gargoyle party ...

...and now it comes to an end with the Hackmatack tour, which starts today. I'll be touring New Brunswick and PEI this week, and ending in Charlottetown for the big awards event on May 30th.
I've been so honoured that my book about a lost gargoyle in the big city,
The Gargoyle at the Gates, has been nominated for five awards this year: Red Cedar, Diamond Willow, Silver Birch Express, Cooperative Children's Book Centre (US) and the Hackmatack awards. It was also named a White Raven book 2013 by the International Youth Library in Munich, a huge honour. I've met so many wonderful librarians, teachers, parents, authors and kids all along the way. Thanks everyone for all the fun, it's been a wonderful year and I couldn't be more thankful. It's probably time to start writing another book! PD

No comments: