Monday, 17 March 2014

3 gargoyle buttons and a selfie, with Kobo

 Look what I just got in the mail! A lovely, tiny package from young fans of my OLA Silver Birch Express nominated book, The Gargoyle at the Gates. The children made me three really lovely buttons, plus a gargoyle friendship bracelet. Sweet!
Clearly, they've understood the message of friendship in the books very well! Thank you to the wonderful teacher and her students (I can't wait to meet you  in April, too).
I will wear the buttons with real pride.
Author with new Kobo in a bad selfie
And, in other news ... I'm possibly the worst selfie-taker in the world, but I did want to share this photo: I won a Kobo! I never enter draws, because I never win anything, but this draw was at my publisher's annual party in January, and at the very last minute I tossed my name into the box, and ... won. It's a lovely Kobo, and it now has books a-plenty on it. Thanks very much to Dundurn Press for the prize.

No comments: