Sunday, 16 December 2012

Of Gargoyles, Yoda and Mr. Miyagi

It's been a busy month for interviews! I'm always surprised at what questions interviewers come up with, and I always learn something about myself when I answer them.

This week I'm the featured author on the Defining Canada blog from my publisher, Dundurn. My favourite question:
"In your own work, which character are you most attached to and why?"

My main character, Gargoth the gargoyle, of course! He's a wonderful character to write for, being naughty, wise, and hilarious. A writer's dream. I really think of him as a cross between Yoda and Mr. Miyagi, both the wise other.

Here's the interview: Philippa D. on Defining Canada

There have been a few more interviews too, lately, if you'd like to read them here:

Author Interview, Inside Toronto

Author Interview, OpenBook Toronto, Proust Questionnaire



No comments: