Friday, 12 October 2012

The Gargoyle in My Yard vs. The Little Prince

I had two teachers contact me this week to tell me how they use my books in their classrooms.

One teacher works with reluctant readers. She emailed me to share this:  one little boy she works with has never found a book he wanted to read all the way through, not even St. Exupery's Little Prince (which I love). They put that book aside to start The Gargoyle in My Yard, which he adored. It took him three years to fall in love with his first book, and it was mine. So very honoured!

   Another teacher contacted me to say that she
read The Gargoyle Overhead to her class last spring, then they begged her to read The Gargoyle in My Yard to them this fall. They liked it so much that they are doing a five minute play based on it. I hope they can send a video!

Here is a link to a wonderful free teacher's guide from my publisher:
The Gargoyle Overhead Teacher's Guide


No comments: